Who we are
We are an award-winning innovative FinTech firm with a passion for Artificial Intelligence. We create and implement highly effective solutions to optimize the bank’s Know Your Customer process and we are working with a number of large international banks and financial institutions to give them powerful tools to combat Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing. Our innovation has brought us the support of leading Venture Capital Funds from Silicon Valley and Singapore.
Who are we looking for
Capitalizing on our success, we are growing our multi talented team bigger and stronger, and today we are looking for a motivated Data Scientist to work on the front line, in some of the biggest financial institutions in the world, helping us to end money laundering and terrorism financing definitely.
- Designing and prototyping classifiers and problem-solving algorithms
- Performing original quantitative research on large, complex data sets, including acquisition of domain knowledge, determination of important research questions, data collection and manipulation, statistical analysis, validation and visualization of data, and presentation of findings
- Applying NLP methods to extract features from text
- Perform Linguistic Identity Matching
- Applying machine learning techniques, in core subject including money laundering and terrorism financing
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
- Min. 2 years of relevant experience
- Work experience in a related field (AI, Math, Engineering or CompSci)
- Good UNIX operating system knowledge & skills
- Very good knowledge of Python and text/data processing packages: pyspark, pandas, numpy, scikit-learn, nltk or similar
- Good SQL knowledge
- Working knowledge of Jupyter Notebook, ipython or similar
- Experience with various data formats: CSV, JSON, XML
- Experience with text processing and machine learning applications and algorithms
What will gain extra points:
- Software development experience
- Strong coding skills and fast learning
- Good knowledge of Java, TensorFlow
- Expert knowledge of text processing techniques
- PL/SQL experience, advanced PostgreSQL knowledge
- Experience with Big Data storage platforms like HBase, Hive,
- Be a part of an award winning, fast growing FinTech company that value friendly working atmosphere
- Contribute to ambitious projects using and developing the latest technologies
- Take the opportunity for professional development in Singapore as well as Poland & USA
- Benefit from the attractive Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Take part in regular get-togethers, including seasonal parties, international meetings etc.
- Get access to the newest ideas and concepts by attending top Tech/IT conferences, meetups and networking events!
To apply*, send your CV/Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title “Data Scientist – Singapore”.
* Please include the following statement with your application:
“I hereby give consent for my personal data included in my application to be processed by Silent Eight Pte. Ltd. whose registered office is 75 High Street, Singapore 179435 for purposes of recruitment process for the position of Data Scientist under the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and of the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/WE (General Data Protection Regulation).”
We kindly inform you that above consents can be withdrawn at any time by sending an e-mail to email@example.com from the e-mail address provided in your application.
We will continue to hold and process your data for as long as necessary to consider you for employment and for a reasonable period of time to document compliance with local laws in the country where the opportunity is located. You can withdraw your consent at any time and we will delete your data unless continued retention is required for compliance documentation.
You have the right to access, correct, modify, update, rectify, request for the transfer or deletion of data, withdrawal of consent or objection.
We kindly inform you that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.