Country: Singapore / Team: R&D
Who we are
We are an award-winning innovative FinTech firm with a passion for Artificial Intelligence. We are working with many large international banks like Standard Chartered Bank, OCBC Bank to give them powerful tools to combat Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing. Our innovation has brought us the support of leading Venture Capital Funds from Silicon Valley and Singapore.
Who are we looking for
Capitalizing on our success, we are growing our multi talented team bigger and stronger, and today we are looking for a motivated Data Scientist to work on the front line, in some of the biggest financial institutions in the world, helping us to end money laundering and terrorism financing definitively.
- Performing original quantitative research on large, complex data sets, including acquisition of domain knowledge, determination of important research questions, data collection and manipulation, statistical analysis, validation and visualization of data, and presentation of findings
- Applying machine learning techniques, in core subject including: money laundering and terrorism financing
- Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
- Conducting data analysis and moderately complex designs algorithm
- Min. 2 years of relevant experience
- Work experience in related field (AI, Math, Engineering or CompSci)
- Good UNIX operating system knowledge & skills
- Practical knowledge of Python and text/data processing packages, e.g. pandas, numpy, scikit-learn, nltk
- Experience with machine learning applications and algorithms, e.g. Linear/Logistic Regression, Neural Nets, Deep Learning, Naive Bayes
What will gain extra points:
- Strong coding skills and fast learning
- Knowledge of PySpark
- Practical skills in Natural Language Processing
- Good knowledge of Java, Python, Jupyter, TensorFlow
- Knowledge of various database/data warehouse platforms, eg. MySQL, Hadoop ecosystem and etcs
- Be a part of an award winning, fast growing FinTech company that value friendly working atmosphere
- Contribute to ambitious projects using and developing the latest technologies
- Take the opportunity for professional development in Singapore as well as Poland & USA
- Benefit from the attractive Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Take part in regular get-togethers, including seasonal parties, international meetings etc.
- Get access to the newest ideas and concepts by attending top Tech/IT conferences, meetups and networking events!
To apply*, send your CV/Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title “Data Scientist – Singapore”.
* Please include the following statement with your application:
“I hereby give consent for my personal data included in my application to be processed by Silent Eight Pte. Ltd. whose registered office is 75 High Street, Singapore 179435 for purposes of recruitment process for the position of Data Scientist under the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and of the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/WE (General Data Protection Regulation).”
Your personal data will be deleted when the current recruitment process is finished, unless a separate consent is provided below. You have the right to access, correct, modify, update, rectify, request for the transfer or deletion of data, withdrawal of consent or objection.
“I agree to the processing of my personal data by Silent Eight Pte. Ltd. located in Singapore for the purpose of future recruitment processes.”
We kindly inform you that above consents can be withdrawn at any time by sending an e-mail to our Data Protection Inspector (email@example.com) from the e-mail address provided in your application.
We kindly inform you that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.