ETL Developer / Data Engineer — Malaysia
Who we are
We are an award-winning innovative FinTech firm with a passion for Artificial Intelligence. We work with a number of large international banks, such as Standard Chartered Bank, providing them with powerful tools aimed at combating Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing. Our innovation has brought us the support of leading Venture Capital Funds from Silicon Valley and Singapore.
Who are we looking for
Capitalizing on our success, we are growing our multi-talented team bigger and stronger, and today we are looking for an ETL Developer to work on the front line in some of the biggest financial institutions in the world, helping us to put an end to money laundering and terrorism financing indefinitely.
- Manage the full data pipeline and integration activities
- Responsible for testing, monitoring and validating data, including data extraction, cleansing, transformation, movement, loading and updating processes
- Design and write the scripts required to extract, transform, clean and move data and metadata so it can be loaded into various data stores
- Maintain, tune and repair applications, and provide user support
- Employ comprehensive unit testing to ensure the delivery meets the business requirement without compromising performance
- Handle data and server issues. Work closely with data scientists on Proof Of Concepts or production support with customers
- Use ETL tools to map and transform client data to satisfy the project scope and specification within the timetable set by and agreed with the Project Manager/Senior Consultant
- Provide client training in company software as directed by the Project Manager
- Minimum 2 – 3 years of experience with data warehousing, architecture concepts, ETL and software development
- Strong proficiency and hands-on experience in SQL
- Strong understanding of relational databases (eg. MSSQL, Oracle & Postgres) and big data
- Very good working knowledge of GIT, Bash, Linux & Python.
- Some experience in using Spark/Pandas/Jupyter Notebook and other Data-Science related technologies
- Basic understanding of statistics and machine learning concepts
- Ticket handling and problem ticket analysis skills
- Meticulous in nature, committed to seeing things through to completion and with excellent communication
- Interpersonal skills and ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Be a part of an award-winning, fast-growing FinTech company that values a friendly working atmosphere.
- Contribute to ambitious projects using and developing the latest technologies.
- The opportunity for professional development in Singapore as well as Poland & the USA.
- Benefit from the attractive Employee Stock Ownership Plan.
- Take part in regular get-togethers, including seasonal parties, international meetings, etc.
To apply*, send your CV/Resume to email@example.com with the title “ETL Developer / Data Engineer - Malaysia”.
* Please include the following statement with your application:
“I hereby give consent for my personal data included in my application to be processed by Silent Eight Pte. Ltd. whose registered office is Manulife Tower 8 Cross Street #28-01, Singapore 048424 for purposes of recruitment process for the position of ETL Developer / Data Engineer under the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/WE (General Data Protection Regulation).”
We kindly inform you that the above consents can be withdrawn at any time by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org from the e-mail address provided in your application.
We will continue to hold and process your data for as long as necessary to consider you for employment and for a reasonable period of time as is necessary for document compliance with local laws in the country where the opportunity is located. You can withdraw your consent at any time and we will delete your data unless continued retention is required for compliance documentation. You have the right to access, correct, modify, update, rectify, request for the transfer or deletion of data, withdrawal of consent or objection.
We kindly inform you that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.