Who we are
We are an award-winning innovative FinTech firm with a passion for Artificial Intelligence. We create and implement highly effective solutions to optimize the bank’s Know Your Customer process and we are working with a number of large international banks and financial institutions to give them powerful tools to combat Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing. Our innovation has brought us the support of leading Venture Capital Funds from Silicon Valley and Singapore.
Who are we looking for
Capitalizing on our success, we are growing our multitalented team bigger and stronger, and today we are looking for a motivated Finance Manager to help our team in the everyday hustle to end money laundering and terrorism financing definitively.
The main responsibility will be to develop a world-class reporting system and to guide the company through an exciting growth phase. The Finance Manager will contribute to the overall success of the company by effectively managing all financial tasks for the organization. Moreover, this position will work closely with the Board of Directors to perform financial analysis and forecasting activities. The ideal candidate is a highly proactive self-starter with a strong technical accounting background, problem solving skills and attention to detail who will take ownership and drive positive change of operational and accounting processes, controls and metrics.
What you’ll do:
- Be responsible for the month end closing activities as well as financial and management reporting.
- Develop, implement, and ensure compliance with financial and accounting policies, internal controls and procedures.
- Oversee the bookkeeping function, including but not limited to development of the financial accounting system and proposing relevant account structure.
- Be responsible for timely annual audit, GST compliance and corporate secretary matters.
- Monitor cash flows and treasury related matters of the company.
- Perform functions of financial administration and reporting to include, but not limited to: coordination of budgeted funds, screening and processing requests for expenditures and ensuring the timely application for reimbursement.
- Support budgeting and forecasting activities.
- Provide analytical support in projects and new business initiatives as well as perform accurate and timely reporting on the financial activity of individual projects.
- Evaluate the need for new technology to meet the organization’s financial data processing, control, and reporting requirements.
- Oversee and supervise the administrative function of the organization, i.a. manage all leases, contracts and other financial commitments.
- Provide ad-hoc support to any other duties and projects assigned.
- Degree in Finance / Accounting with CPA/ ACCA /ICAEW qualification as an added advantage.
- 7+ years of progressive financial responsibility with strong operational background and supervisory responsibilities, preferably in a tech firm.
- Fluent in financial analysis, forecasting and budgeting.
- Strong knowledge of financial reporting standards, tax regulations, laws and any other compliance requirements.
- Accountability, self-reliance and a ‘business-owner’ work attitude.
Focus on stakeholder needs and ability to accordingly present financial data.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to engage with diverse people.
- High organization, time management and scheduling skills.
- Accuracy and excellent project management skills.
- Be a part of an award winning, fast growing FinTech company that values friendly working atmosphere.
- Contribute to ambitious projects using and developing the latest technologies.
- Take the opportunity for professional development in Singapore as well as Europe & USA.
- Benefit from the attractive Employee Stock Ownership Plan.
- Take part in regular get-togethers, including seasonal parties, international meetings etc.
To apply*, send your CV/Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title “Finance Manager – Singapore”.
* Please include the following statement with your application:
“I hereby give consent for my personal data included in my application to be processed by Silent Eight Pte. Ltd. whose registered office is 75 High Street, Singapore 179435 for purposes of recruitment process for the position of Finance Manager under the Personal Data Protection Act of 29.08.1997 (Journal of Laws No. 101, Item 926 as amended).”
We kindly inform you that above consents can be withdrawn at any time by sending an e-mail to email@example.com from the e-mail address provided in your application.
We will continue to hold and process your data for as long as necessary to consider you for employment and for a reasonable period of time to document compliance with local laws in the country where the opportunity is located. You can withdraw your consent at any time and we will delete your data unless continued retention is required for compliance documentation.
You have the right to access, correct, modify, update, rectify, request for the transfer or deletion of data, withdrawal of consent or objection.
We kindly inform you that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.