Senior Data Scientist — Poland/Warsaw
At Silent Eight, we are directing our passion for Artificial Intelligence to help Large Financial institutions manage their risks of Financial Crime to combat Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing. We are an award-winning innovative FinTech firm with a footprint in the US, Europe, and Asia and a passion for Artificial Intelligence. Our innovation has brought us the support of leading Venture Capital Funds from Silicon Valley and Asia.
Who are we looking for
As we rapidly expand our footprint, we are growing our multi-talented team bigger and stronger. We are looking for smart and motivated Senior Data Scientists with excellent leadership and innovative thinking and ability to develop, tune, and run analytical models that are the best fit for our Financial Institution partners. As a Data Scientist you will take ownership of a challenging and unique area of Financial Crime Compliance and work through independently and other smart Data Scientists in the Silent Eight Global Family from concept through execution. This role will also build tools and support structures to analyze data, dive deep into data to address data quality, run models to keep them current against changing data and present it to business partners to drive continuous improvements.
You will have a demonstrated ability to manage medium to large scale modeling and data science projects working from requirements, to prototyping to build with tools that are statistically grounded. You will have experience collaborating globally across organization boundaries.
- Working on-site with our Client, in tight cooperation with our internal Development Team in Poland and Data Science Team in Singapore
- Analyzing the Big Data delivered by our Client, as well as our internal resources of data
- Testing of Data Science and Machine Learning algorithms
- Running the solution in the Client’s environment, on-site analysis and providing the diagnostic
- Communicating all concepts and guidelines successfully to the Development Team
- Using top of the line tools: tracking the Scrum stories in JIRA, keeping the code and merging requests in GitLab, using Jenkins for automated building and testing, analyzing code with SonarQube and keeping artifacts in Artifactory
- Strong experience with statistical tools (preferably Python and NumPy) and data analysis, regression modeling and time series analysis, forecasting
- Experience in machine-learning methodologies (e.g. supervised and unsupervised learning, deep learning, etc.)
- Readiness to work on-site with our Client in tight cooperation with our internal Development and Data Science Team in Europe and Asia
- Very good knowledge of Natural Language Processing subject and proficiency in using dedicated tools
- Strong experience in Data Engineering with knowledge of Data Modeling, Relational Data/SQL and Data transformation
- Experience with big data: processing, filtering, and presenting large quantities of data up to millions of rows of data
- Experience with PySpark and Pandas data processing frameworks
- Very good knowledge of Jupyter Notebook
- Software development experience and very good knowledge of Python
- Experience of working on Linux environment (Bash) preferred
- Experience in data science tools and technologies like Spark/Pandas/Jupyter Notebook
- Experience with Machine Learning frameworks like Keras, Tensorflow, Theano or PyTorch
- Experience in continuous integration and delivery workflows
- Experience in communicating technically explaining chosen techniques and designs and documenting them in an understandable manner, and to business with a business-oriented approach
- Self-driven with independent leader mentality and problem-solving skills
What we offer
- An actual impact on how the biggest banks around the world are stopping money laundering and terrorism financing activities!
- Benefit in the form of an attractive Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Access to the newest ideas and concepts by attending top Tech/IT conferences, meetups, and networking events
- Taking part in regular get-togethers, including seasonal parties, international meetings, etc.
To apply*, send your CV/Resume to email@example.com with the title “Senior Data Scientist - Poland/Warsaw”.
* Please include the following statement with your application:
“I hereby give consent for my personal data included in my application to be processed by Silent Eight Pte. Ltd. whose registered office is Manulife Tower 8 Cross Street #28-01, Singapore 048424 for purposes of recruitment process for the position of Senior Data Scientist under the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/WE (General Data Protection Regulation).”
We kindly inform you that the above consents can be withdrawn at any time by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org from the e-mail address provided in your application.
We will continue to hold and process your data for as long as necessary to consider you for employment and for a reasonable period of time as is necessary for document compliance with local laws in the country where the opportunity is located. You can withdraw your consent at any time and we will delete your data unless continued retention is required for compliance documentation. You have the right to access, correct, modify, update, rectify, request for the transfer or deletion of data, withdrawal of consent or objection.
We kindly inform you that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.