Senior Developer/Engineer — India
We are an award-winning innovative FinTech firm with a passion for Artificial Intelligence. We work with a number of large international banks, such as Standard Chartered Bank, providing them with powerful tools aimed at combating Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing. Our innovation has brought us the support of leading Venture Capital Funds from Silicon Valley and Singapore
Who are we looking for
As we rapidly expand our footprint, we are growing our multi-talented team bigger and stronger. We are looking for a smart and motivated Senior Developer/Engineer with excellent leadership and innovative thinking and ability to develop a high volume transaction processing system with low turnaround time and throughput. As a Senior Developer, you will take ownership of a challenging and unique area of Financial Crime Compliance and work independently and with other smart Engineers and Data Scientists in the Silent Eight Global Family from concept through execution. This role will also build tools and models to extract large data from the financial institutions system for the Silent Eight Data Science to read, learn and predict. You will build the integration layer into the bank’s systems and optimize the models and reads for best throughput and performance.
You will have a demonstrated ability to manage medium to large scale development and data engineering projects from requirements to prototyping to build. You will have experience collaborating globally across organization boundaries.
- Software development experience and Proficiency in one or more programming languages (e.g. Python, Java 8)
- Strong experience in Data Engineering with knowledge of Data Modeling, Relational Data/SQL and Data transformation
- Experience with big data: processing, filtering, and presenting large quantities of data up to millions of rows of data
- Experience with clustered data processing (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Map-reduce, Hive)
- Experience of working on Linux environment (Bash)
- Experience in continuous integration and delivery workflows, distributed repositories: Git, Gitlab, Jenkins.
- Experience in communicating technically explaining chosen techniques and designs and documenting them in an understandable manner, and to business with a business-oriented approach
- Practical knowledge of banking and technology related software, e.g. FircoSoft, SWIFT, MX Oracle preferred
- Bachelor of Engineering/Computer Science
- Readiness to work on-site with our Client in tight cooperation with our internal Development and Data Science Team in Europe and Asia
- Interest and Aptitude to work in the area of Machine Learning, Data Science and Deep Learning
What we offer
- An actual impact on how the biggest banks around the world are stopping money laundering and terrorism financing activities!
- Benefit in the form of an attractive Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Access to the newest ideas and concepts by attending top Tech/IT conferences, meetups, and networking events
- Taking part in regular get-togethers, including seasonal parties, international meetings, etc.
To apply*, send your CV/Resume to email@example.com with the title “Senior Developer/Engineer - India”.
* Please include the following statement with your application:
“I hereby give consent for my personal data included in my application to be processed by Silent Eight Pte. Ltd. whose registered office is Manulife Tower 8 Cross Street #28-01, Singapore 048424 for purposes of recruitment process for the position of Senior Developer/Engineer under the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/WE (General Data Protection Regulation).”
We kindly inform you that the above consents can be withdrawn at any time by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org from the e-mail address provided in your application.
We will continue to hold and process your data for as long as necessary to consider you for employment and for a reasonable period of time as is necessary for document compliance with local laws in the country where the opportunity is located. You can withdraw your consent at any time and we will delete your data unless continued retention is required for compliance documentation. You have the right to access, correct, modify, update, rectify, request for the transfer or deletion of data, withdrawal of consent or objection.
We kindly inform you that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.