Notice in regards to the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation):
We, Silent Eight Pte. Ltd., Manulife Tower 8 Cross Street #28-01, Singapore 048424, 201319282M are the responsible party of your data in this recruiting effort.
How we intend to use your data
We may use from time to time your information:
- for employment or B2B cooperation purposes
- to manage and administer our relationships with our clients, their personnel and intermediaries and our other business, supplier and professional contacts
- to comply with our legal, regulatory and risk management (including anti-financial crime, data protection, conflicts, security and information security, complaints handling and insurer notification) obligations; our client/matter inception procedures may involve our processing copies of your or your personnel’s identity documents (e.g. passport copies) and other background information.
By applying, you are providing consent to use your data to consider you for employment or B2B cooperation opportunities and further cooperation with Silent Eight Pte. Ltd. We will use the data from your application, as well as any other data you provide during the application process, such as a resumé or CV. We do not use your data for any other purposes.
We may disclose your information with third parties if the recipient has a job-related need to know the information and the transfer complies with any applicable cross-border transfer restrictions. We use third party vendors to assist in our recruiting and hiring including:
- Providers of services to manage candidate status and communication
- Providers of PEO services
- HR software provider, BambooHR LLC, https://www.bamboohr.com/privacy-policy/
We require these third parties to use your data only as instructed. If you withdraw your consent, we will instruct our service providers (processors) to delete your data.
We may, from time to time, outsource some or all of the operations of our business to third-party service providers. In such cases, it will be necessary for us to disclose your data to those service providers. In some cases, the service providers may collect data directly from you on our behalf. We restrict how such service providers may access, use and disclose your data.
We will continue to hold and process your data for as long as necessary to consider you for employment or B2B cooperation and for a reasonable period of time to document compliance with local laws in the country where the opportunity is located. You can withdraw your consent at any time and we will delete your data unless continued retention is required for compliance documentation or is required by applicable law.
Legitimate interests of the Administrator
In the case of applying for IT business, software consulting cooperation or employment for a position related to delivering service by the Administrator to financial sector, the Administrator conducts background screening of candidates including:
- verification of the accuracy of the submitted statements and data contained in the CV and other application documents,
- verification of the candidate’s criminal, financial and professional past, including: obtaining information about the candidate’s criminal record, the course of previous employment (up to 5 years back), higher education, certificates and references,
- verification of the candidate holding an exposed political position, holding the status of a family member or close associate of a person occupying a politically exposed position within the meaning of the Act of March 1, 2018 on counteracting money laundering and terrorist financing,
- checking the candidate’s personal data on the basis of lists of persons and entities to whom special restrictive measures apply, pursuant to the Act of March 1, 2018 on counteracting money laundering and terrorist financing.
The legitimate interest of the administrator in the processing of the above-mentioned category of personal data is the protection of the administrator’s interests as an entity providing this type of services, as well as the implementation of contractual requirements set by contractors (financial sector) towards the Administrator.
Depending upon the jurisdiction where you reside you may have additional rights, including:
- Access to the content of data, demand their rectification, deletion or limitation of their processing;
- Withdraw consent to the processing of personal data to the extent that personal data are processed on the basis of consent; withdrawal of consent does not affect the lawfulness of the processing that was carried out before its withdrawal;
- Object to the processing of personal data to the extent that the basis for the processing of personal data is the legitimate interest of the Administrator;
- Transfer of personal data, i.e. to receive information from the Administrator about the personal data being processed, in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format, to the extent that your data is processed on the basis of consent;
- Lodging a complaint to the competent office for the protection of personal data.
Information on the requirement to provide data
Providing your personal data in the scope of: name and surname, date of birth, contact details, education and the course of previous employment is a condition for participation in a given recruitment process. If you apply for employment in a position related to the provision of services to the financial sector, providing the information indicated in the paragraph: “Legitimate interest of the administrator” and documenting it at the Administrator’s request is a condition for taking into account your candidacy in the recruitment process. In the remaining scope, providing personal data is voluntary.
If you have questions, requests, or complaints about how your personal data is used, you can contact us firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have concerns that we do not address you also have the right to file complaints with the data protection authorities for your country.
- At the e-mail address: email@example.com
- In writing, by sending correspondence to: 8 Cross Street # 28-01, Singapore 048424