Who we are
We are an award-winning innovative RegTech with a passion for Artificial Intelligence that makes the world safer. We work with several large international banks and financial institutions, such as Standard Chartered Bank, to provide them with powerful tools that combat Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing. Our technological innovation has brought us the support of leading Venture Capital Funds from Silicon Valley and Singapore.
Who are we looking for
Capitalizing on our success, we are growing our multi talented team bigger and stronger, and today we are looking for a motivated DevOps Engineer to join our unique set of projects related to Machine Learning.
- Design and implement solutions in the field of automation of CI / CD processes
- Prepare software builds and release
- Server management and monitoring
- Build and maintain tools for development, deployment and operations
- Create and manage configuration and deployment processes
- Support CI/CD procedures and processes and maintain consistent configuration schemes
- Deploy and integrate software in Customer’s environments
- Create and maintain project build scripts in Gradle
- Be a part of a software engineering team to lead process automation
- Create and maintain Jenkins jobs using Jenkinsfile and GitLab CI jobs
- Very good, practical knowledge of the Linux system administration, especially: Ubuntu/Debian and RedHat/CentOS
- Knowledge of Git, Jira, GitLab
- Knowledge of processes and tools for implementation of continuous integration and continuous deployment, especially Jenkins
- Practical ability to write scripts in Bash
- Basic programming skills in at least one high-level language (eg. Java, Groovy, Python)
- Experience with Spring Boot Java framework application deployment
- Good practical knowledge of build system tools: Gradle and/or Maven
- Good practical knowledge of managing databases, especially PostgreSQL
- Experience with Docker and Docker Compose (Kubernetes experience is a plus)
- Good practical knowledge of HTTP servers, especially Nginx or Caddy
- Experience with server monitoring software (Zabbix, Nagios, etc.)
What does a career at Silent Eight look like?
A career at Silent Eight enables you to work alongside a talented team of experts from around the world. We are not new to remote work-life, in fact we’ve been doing it since 2013. This means we understand some of the common pain-points of working remotely and strive to make sure you get both the benefits of remote work life, like autonomy, flexibility, and balance. But you never feel alone or unsupported.
We encourage both individuality and collaboration and want to create an atmosphere for your voice to shine. In practice, this means regular “tea time” (or coffee, if you prefer 🙂 ), with your colleagues, monthly company calls; idea and brainstorm sessions; internal “hackathons”, and more.
You are signing on for a true taste of life at a startup and all the fast-paced, quick-thinking, and excitement that the world of technology entails.
As a member of our team, you will not only be supported in your immediate role/department, but you will have a chance to work across borders, languages, and cultures and contribute to our collective mission: to use cutting edge AI to make the world a safer place.
What are some of the benefits?
- You’ll be an investor in our company and share in our success as part of our attractive employee stock ownership plan.
- You will be on the ground floor of technological innovation, using AI and the newest technology stack to solve for global problems.
- An often underplayed “perk” of remote work is autonomy. At Silent Eight we see this as a benefit because it fosters ownership and the ability to care out something that is distinctly yours. We celebrate autonomy and encourage new ideas, and we want you to share yours!
- You will contribute to weekly/bi-weekly ideation sharing sessions, as well as participate in ongoing requests for input and feedback. We have a culture of openness and willingness to change when things aren’t working.
- Because learning never ends, we encourage each of our employees to take a day to learn or try something new. Take an Annual Development day, on us!
- Your work will have an actual impact on how the biggest banks around the world stop money laundering and terrorism financing activities. But more than just banks, you will play a part in fighting the human cost of financial crime, a cause that is at the core of our mission and beliefs.
- Take part in regular get-togethers, including seasonal parties, international meetings. Even with COVID, we gather for regular video gatherings just for fun 🙂 And we love memes, especially dog ones.
Silent Eight is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
* Please include the following statement with your application:
“I hereby give consent for my personal data included in my application to be processed by Silent Eight Pte. Ltd. whose registered office is 75 High Street, Singapore 179435 for purposes of recruitment process for the position of DevOps Engineer under the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and of the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/WE (General Data Protection Regulation).”
We kindly inform you that above consents can be withdrawn at any time by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org from the e-mail address provided in your application.
We will continue to hold and process your data for as long as necessary to consider you for employment and for a reasonable period of time to document compliance with local laws in the country where the opportunity is located. You can withdraw your consent at any time and we will delete your data unless continued retention is required for compliance documentation.
You have the right to access, correct, modify, update, rectify, request for the transfer or deletion of data, withdrawal of consent or objection.
We kindly inform you that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.